MCP Summer FUNd Raising
Tournament Dates: Saturday 8/9 through Sunday 8/17Shift times (Early shifts - Must be age 13+ Late shifts - Must be age 18+):
If you have the flexibility, the shifts with the greatest need are
- 3:30-8:00PM (except on Sunday 8/17)
- 7:30-12:00PM (except on Saturday 8/9 & Sunday 8/17
- Sunday 8/17 - 4 shifts spanning from 9AM to 10PM
*Incentives for MCP members - check your email box for a list of incentives*
- early shifts on weekdays
- Opening Day Saturday, 8/9
- Closing Day Sunday, 8/17
To sign up for a shift (or more) - click this link.
Six things to remember
- Sunscreen, sunscreen, sunscreen - hats help too
- Bug spray is useful
- Wear polos or nice Ts and shorts/jeans, MCP wear is appropriate
- If you own a bag chair or a lawn chair, you may want to bring that along. We often get breaks between matches and can rest a bit in the group tent
- Drink water, it will be brought to you at your post, but please consume
- While working, suggestions come to Laureen or Jason - NOT to Bob, Mickey & Dave (who supervise the lots for the tournament)
We arrive to work rain or shine. If it is threatening rain, you may wish to have a poncho or slicker. If there is lightning, Bob & Mickey will pull us from our posts and direct us to our personal vehicles. They will not allow us to be harmed.
The easiest way to report for duty is to exit I-71 at Kings Mills and follow the signs to Lot B. You will have to go through Lot C and they'll try to make you park there (it's the public parking section). Just tell the folks that you are a parking worker for Lot B and they should let you through. Once you round the corner and enter Lot B, look for the tent on the left. An MCP member will direct you where to park for that day (either in the tent or on the street).
You can also enter the facility from the Golf Course entrance. Once again, follow the signs for Lot B (make a left at the "Y" to pass the main gate). Once past the main gate, look for the tent on the right. An MCP member will direct you where to park for that day (either in the tent or on the street).