After an amazing 2018 that saw wardrobes being finished, improvements to the Theatre 42 stage, countless coats of paint being applied, and hours of reorganizing, the Board of Directors has approved new projects to continue improvement in Theatre 42.
There are two initial projects beginning work in February 2019:
- Completion of the Conference Room (located across from the men’s restroom). This includes installing drywall, mudding, sanding, and painting as well as installation of new flooring and a drop-ceiling. This project will help improve the functionality of the room and the overall professionalism of the theatre.
- Extension of the overhead storage space (located above the Conference Room). This project will give the theatre something it desperately needs: more storage space. It will also make accessing the storage space above the wardrobes / kitchen easier for our production teams.
Exciting projects that improve the theatre are not without their costs. To meet costs, the Board has approved an exciting fundraising plan for our patrons. Until March 10th, all patron donations will have the following benefits:
- Donations $50 and up: 2 free tickets to The Visit.
- Donations $100 and up: 2 free tickets to Tony Night 2019.
- Donations $500 and up: patron’s name engraved on a commemorative plaque to be displayed in the theatre.
Benefits are cumulative. For example, if you donate $500 you will receive your name on the plaque, 2 tickets to Tony Night, and 2 tickets to The Visit! Our fundraising goal is $5,000, which allow us to complete the aforementioned projects and be able to schedule other improvements as the year progresses.
Donations can be made via the MCP web site or by sending a check to the address below:
Mason, Ohio 45040-0300
If you’ve already made your 2019 donation, not to worry! All donations since January 1st, 2019 will be subject to the same benefits. Don’t forget these benefits are only available until March 10, 2019!
Mason Community Players is proud to be supported by the best patrons and members. Thank you for your support!